Wednesday 10 April 2013

At last...A days work without my fingers falling off!

Finally, finally, finally I went to work and managed to think about other things rather than escaping and getting back home again. My classes for beginners have started at My Little Vintage in Earls Barton- which is a great village, with lots of stuff happening, good shops and a great community feel about the place. We planned to run just one session for beginners but have had to add another date and i feel another date will soon need to be added. Everyone wants to learn to sew! Im no longer a stitching freak in the wilderness.

I had a pile of skirts and alterations on the table at home for about 6 weeks and took them into work today. And after a mammoth washing up session, floor sweep and tidy up and then of course it was time for lunch I beagn to knuckle down. I usually work on my Industrial machine, which I love to pieces because it goes so damned fast and I can sit and make a dress in under an hour. Today, however I used this janome machine so I could sit closer to the fire when working! Its also a nifty little beast because It cost a mere £120 and comes with a free motion facility. I can honestly say that this is the best beginners machine for the price and also offers the free motion embroidery option as well. If you're thinking of trading up or starting sewing-GET THIS MOFO! You won't regret it. You can buy one from Sew... on the Wellingborough Road. See Andy or Gill, theyre both really knowledgable about machines and very helpful.

So anyway, I ended up making a series of motifs for my skirt which I appliqued and free motion embroidered and finally beaded (you know when you just can't stop) If anyone's going to hear me talk at pattishall WI you'll be lucky enough to see me wearing it.

2 comments:

  1. I want to set up a crochet class - any tips? I don't even know what to charge people, if anything. I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhhhh, I can't wait to get back to work! Really miss Burns Street.

    ReplyDelete